It's not every day that you run across a good meatball.
They tend to be a thing of the past in most parts, specialty you get a few times a year when you have enough energy to mix up some ground meat, throw in spices and toss them in the oven while the noodles boil. You might splurge once in a while on a meatball sub, but it never quite tastes the same, does it?
Well, for those of you who crave a consistent menu of meaty spheres, your manna is ready to fall from heaven. According to recent reports by the restaurants Facebook page and by the Omaha World-Herald, a restaurant by the name of The Blackstone Meatball is set to open sometime this summer.
Wait...a Restaurant Devoted to Meatballs? Umm....
Don't worry. Blackstone's concept is more than just a pile of meatballs brought out to your table. Just take a look at this photo and you'll see why these succulent orbs are more than just pasta fare:
(Photo courtesy of The Blackstone Meatball via AdmiralDistrict.com)
So as you can see, the meatball is a versatile fellow. But here's the catch; we're not quite sure how Blackstone is going to flesh out their menu but we did pick up a few details.
Is Your Mouth Watering Yet? You Aren't the Only One
On March 24, the Omaha World-Herald ran a story on the forthcoming haven of meat. Here's what they said about the restaurant:
- The French Bulldog's Matt Baum will be the chef. The Bulldog has a sterling reputation on Yelp, so we assume Matt's Blackstone creations will be just as amazing
- There will be five different meatballs on the menu
- Those five options can be integrated into a salad or sandwich
- There will be 10 sides and a few desserts
- It will be located on the second level of 3914 Farnam St. (although their Facebook page says 3910 Harney St.)