The Restore Omaha conference is this weekend. What is it? It's described as a "conference to promote the practice of historic restoration and to provide educational opportunities and information to the public and professionals".
You can see the entire conference schedule over at the Restore Omaha website. The conference is March 5th and 6th at the Metro Community College South Campus at 27th & Q Streets. There is a small registration fee, but if you're thinking about buying or restoring an old home, then it may be well worth your time and money.
Here are titles from a few of the sessions:
- From Rags to Riches - The Restoration of a Grand Victorian
- Restoration of a Commercial Building
- How to Write a National Register Nomination
- Selecting, Bidding, and Hiring a Contractor
- Nebraska Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- Hands-on Plaster Repair