Guide to Legacy Homes
In 2021, Legacy Homes built 119 homes in Douglas and Sarpy County making it the 4th largest builder in the Omaha area (by number of homes).
Legacy Homes has been a premier builder in the Omaha and Lincoln area since 2012. They’ve been winning the “Best of Omaha” home builder award since 2015. They offer clients an option to high-cost custom home building through plan personalization.
Clients can work with their engineering team to change floor plans, make rooms larger, or customize spaces through their Choices Design Studio. The studio gives clients the opportunity to pick flooring, cabinets, countertops, lighting and finishes they love–to make each home unique and reflect their personal style.
Current Floor Plans
Legacy Homes currently has 9 floor plans.
Campbell 1920 SF | 2 Beds | 1 Bath | 3-Car optional finished basement with additional 1 bath
Westland 1590 SF | 2+ Beds | 2+ Baths | 3-Car optional finished basement with additional 1 bed and 1 bath
Archer 1544 to 1648 SF | 3+ Beds | 2+ Baths | 2-Car optional finished basement with additional 1 bath
Belmont 1382 SF | 2+ Beds | 2+ Baths | 2-Car optional finished basement with additional 1 bed and 1 bath
Truman 1294 SF(main) + 1676 SF(upper) | 4+ Beds | 2.5+ Baths | 3-Car optional finished basement (1060 SF)
Whistler 1280 SF(main) + 1515 SF(upper) | 4+ Beds | 2.5+ Baths | 2-Car optional finished basement (820 to 1010 SF) and garage for 3rd car
Russell 1250 SF(main) + 1300 SF(upper) | 4+ Beds | 2.5+ Baths | 2-Car optional finished basement (892 SF) and garage for 3rd car
Rockwell 1056 SF to 1121 SF (main) + 1308 SF to 1474 SF (upper) | 4+ Beds | 2.5+ Baths | 2-Car optional finished basement (733 SF to 1013 SF) and garage for 3rd car
Redmond 982 SF(main) + 1255 SF(upper) | 4+ Beds | 2.5+ Baths | 2-Car optional finished basement (526 SF) and garage for 3rd car
8216 North 171st Ave Cir
Furnished Models: Truman, Westland
7016 S 184th St.
Furnished Models: Archer, Belmont
7401 North 11th Street
Furnished Models: Archer, Russell, Westland
10020 South 31st Street
Furnished Models: Campbell, Truman, Whistler
Stone Bridge Creek
Prairie Village North
Customizations / Selection Process
The Legacy Home Building Process
- Find Your Community & Floor Plan - Tour their model houses and find the floorplan that works for you
- Personalize Your Home at their Choices Design Studio - Work with their engineering team to change floor plans, make rooms larger, or customize spaces through their Choices Design Studio.
- Get Construction Updates - Your sales associate will keep you updated on the major construction stages, and make sure everything is being built to your exact specifications the entire time.
- Builder Orientation - You’ll go over the technical stuff (like locations of gas and water shut off valves) to general maintenance of your furnace, and more!
- Final Sign-Off - You’ll meet with your warranty manager to go over any questions about coverage.
- Closing & Keys Handoff - You will meet at Legacy Homes’ preferred title company and finish the closing paperwork. After closing, you will receive the keys and will be all set to start moving in and making your beautiful new Legacy Home your own.
Inside Your Home
- 9′ ceilings on main level* *Ranch and two-story plans only
- Shaw ® stain resistant carpeting with 6 lb. pad
- Acrylic painted trim and raised panel doors
- Smooth drywall with textured ceilings and flat latex interior paint
- Designer lighting package with your choice of finish
- Cable television and telephone pre-wires built into the kitchen
- 3/4 bath rough-in basement*
- Laundry area with dryer vent, 240-volt outlet
- White vinyl shelf system in pantry, bedrooms, entry & linen closets
- Poured concrete foundation
- Designer bath package featuring Moen ® chrome faucets and accessories
- Aristokraft cabinets in main & master
- Corian vanity countertops in main & master
- Half-bath with pedestal sink on two-story plans
- Low-maintenance fiberglass bathtub/shower combination in main & master**
- Mannington ® vinyl flooring
- Exhaust fan
- Aristokraft cabinetry
- Stainless steel kitchen sink with chrome faucet and garbage disposal
- Laminate countertops with 4″ laminate backsplash
- Your choice of black or white GE ® electric range, dishwasher and microwave
- Vinyl Mannington ® vinyl flooring
- Sliding patio door
Outside Your Home
- Low-maintenance vinyl siding*
- Full-sod in front and back yard (standard size home sites)
- Attached garage with white steel insulated overhead garage door
- Garage door opener
- Exterior lights by front-entry door, rear-entry door and garage
- Decorative insulated fiberglass 6-panel, painted front-entry door
- Exterior drainage system with waterproofing and interior sump pit
- Curb grind at driveway approach
- Two frost-free exterior hose bibs
- Exterior screens on all operating windows
- Both smoke and carbon monoxide detectors with battery backup on all levels and in all bedrooms
- Deadbolt lock on front entry door
- 2×6 exterior wall construction
- Energy-efficient Sierra Pacific vinyl windows with Low-E glass
- Central air conditioning with 13 seer AC unit
- 40 gallon gas water heater
- Tight construction
- Effective insulation
- 95% efficient furnace
Legacy offers a one year builder’s warranty.
Legacy Homes has cut long approval times by integrating select lenders directly into their process. Everything is fully-automated, so decisions on the size of home you qualify for can be made more quickly. Their partners offer competitive rates, so getting a home could mean less money down.
Legacy Homes “will pick up your closing costs”.
I always recommend that you shop around for financing. Talk to two or three different lenders and use who you feel comfortable with. Sometimes it makes sense to use a builders preferred lenders while other times it does not.